Saturday 7 August 2010

Why can I never find anything when I go shopping?

Rant time!

Went shopping today (yay - I've been deprived of shops for weeks, it seems) with dear mother. Primark, Topshop, New Look. I could say I was fairly successful, but I always feel a bit annoyed if I haven't found what I want. I desperately need a bag for school; so, I look everywhere and everything nice is too small for my school books. Grrr. And everything big enough is very ugly (I don't really want to be carrying a really bright pink, massive bag around on my shoulders for a year or two...). So I get no school bag. Brilliant.

I need some boots too. You know, like the biker boots - doesn't have to be leather, just boots! None in Primark (just awful, ugly cheap reproductions of those ugg things). Argh. None in the tiny New Look in my town. Argh. One pair in Topshop. £65. What?! I'm not paying that much for boots, thank you!

You know when you go into a shop and find something you like, then you look at the size and it's far too big? I had that today. All. Over. The. Shops. Someone hates me.

Ok, rant over. I did buy several things. A jacket in primark - £19. Not bad. A belt - £1. Bargain! A jumper for winter (because I have a distinct lack of autumn/winter warm clothes in my wardrobe). A smock dress for £15 in Topshop, using the voucher I got for my birthday:

It's massive once on, but... the £1 belt I bought is perfect with it though. I think it'll look lovely for autumn (I tend to go for browny colours in autumn. Black in winter. And light, pastel shades in spring/summer).

And then, once I get home, I realise I have no shoes that match! Lovely... I've spent too much already. I owed Mum £100 from this shopping trip and previous ones. Bye money.

I love/hate shopping.

I'll promise not to rant next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment