Wednesday 14 July 2010

Best buys for summer 2010!

So, summer is finally getting here in the UK. Now is the time you can really wear floaty summer floral dresses and shorts and t-shirt! But have thought about buying these things?

A parasol is one of my must haves now. A few months ago, I would have said 'no way', but trust me, if you're walking around in the sunshine for hours, you need one! This one is from modcloth.com, but I don't buy from there (even though they have the most amazing dresses) because they're usually quite expensive and the postage is really quite high if you live in the UK like me. If you do live in the UK, I bought my parasol for £6.99 in River Island. It's lovely and has an oriental style to it. It goes great with my Iska dress (see 2 posts below) and my peach dress.
A straw Boater. Perfect for long strolls across English parks on a summers day. Obviously, not paired with the parasol, that would look a little strange. But paired with a lovely tea dress or floaty white dress (I got a perfect dress from www.trafficpeople.net) and white pumps, it should look lovely. This one is from ebay at £6.37!


A headband. Not like those chunky ones, but more delicate. Like a daisy chain. In fact, you probably could use a daisy chain! Personally, unlike the picture, I'd wear the band higher up on the head (how you'd normally wear a daisy chain on the head) instead. This would also look beautiful with the parasol. This headband is from asos.com and is £4.00. If you went to New Look, you could probably get a similar one too.

Remember, it's not just about the perfect dress you wear, or the shoes. It's also about what you pair it up with, whether it's hairbands or hats, socks or jewelry that really finished the outfit.

2 comments:

  1. My skin is so fair and I get burnt all the time... everyone just giggles at me when I say I'm in search of a parasol. But I actually really need one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know - same!! Parasols are a must, even if I do look a little weird, haha!

    ReplyDelete