Saturday 17 July 2010

Louis Vuitton A/W 2010 vs Highstreet

Ok, so today I'm not going to write about cheap highstreet fashion. Instead, I'm going to tell you about my love for Louis Vuitton's new Autumn/Winter collection.

This is the ad I first saw for the collection and my eyes literally bulged out my head, haha! It was the dress on the left that grabbed my attention first. I think I had seen it previously on model Lara Stone, but only the top half, and didn't think much of it but this is just amazing! Reading about it in Vogue today, they seem to be calling it the Mad Men effect, you know, the TV show that I've never even seen but know that the costumes are amazing! This collection is really 1950/60s inspired with full skirts and everything!

Ok, change of plan. I do know a place that will give you amazing 50s inspired dresses for thousands of pounds/dollars less... http://www.vivienofholloway.com/ The maker of some of the nicest 50s dresses in the world. I mean, look at this:This is probably my favourite Vivien of Holloway dress, but it's not completely like the Louis Vuitton dress. The print is different, but if you look through the many dresses they have on sale, then there are so many prints to choose from, from polkadots to dresses like this:


But look closer.....
Yep, dancing skeletons! It's real treat just looking around their online shop so check it out! My Mum loves them to and we're determined to buy one for each of us one day, and we will!

No comments:

Post a Comment