Sunday 25 July 2010

Ruffles and Lace

Ruffles and lace are one of my biggest obsessions at the moment. They can be casual and they can be dressy - just depends how you wear them.

Erdem's Autumn and Winter collection are full of pretty ruffle and lace dresses, from floor length to short. From this:
To this:
Now, I wouldn't call them the prettiest dresses (especially the last one), but they're so detailed, it's hard for me to stop looking at them. Maybe it's hard to see on here, but to me, they're almost like an intricate work of art and it's beautiful in it's own way.
Obviously, unless you're a millionaire - which I'm not - you're not going to be able to afford dresses like this. So let's look at the alternatives...


The first dress is from Topshop and is £55 - http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=33057&storeId=12556&productId=1739492&langId=-1&categoryId=&parent_category_rn=
Pricy, but the quality is nice, and, although it isn't a replicar of the Erdem dress, the ruffles are both of the top half of the dress and the colour is quite similar. If you aren't keen on the price of that dress, then Asos.com have an alternative for £22 - http://www.asos.com/Asos/Asos-Lace-Ruffle-Tie-Back-Dress/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=1096810&SearchQuery=ruffle%20dress&Rf-700=1000&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=20&sort=3&clr=Cream

Personally, I prefer the look of the Topshop dress, but I prefer the Asos price!

If you're after lace instead of ruffles. You can't go wrong with a dress from Yumi or Iska (www.uttamdirect.com).This dress, though not maxi, has the same kind of detailing of the Erdem maxi dress. You can buy it here - http://www.uttamdirect.com/products/Lace-Bubble%252dHem-Tunic.html - for just £19.45 in the sale! I am a fan of uttamdirect.com because most of their dresses are so beautiful and detailed. My Iska ruffle skirt dress was even handmade! It's perfect for what I like to wear, and - especially in the sale - is also in my budget.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you on ruffles and lace! I've also been obsessed lately! They're just os pretty and elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely! I'm still gawping over the last dress I bought. It's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete