Wednesday 14 July 2010

Valentino Haute Couture 2010 vs Highstreet


I noticed Valentino had a new collection out recently, and, though I've never really liked his previous collections, THIS one is amazinging. It's everything I want in a collection; beautfiul dresses, pastel shades mixed with blacks and navy, ruffles, high necked collars!

I dread to think how much one of these items would cost... but they're beautfiul to look at.

This Valentino collection is literally fashion heaven for me. Almost. It's not perfect, but it's the best I've seen this season so far! What I look for in fashion is what I love at that moment. I'm in love with old, romantic style art; long, white, empire line gowns that should regency period; ruffles; white, cream and light coloured dresses. Goodness, I even want bonnets back! Obviously, I'd love it if someone brought back fashion from the 1800s, but until that happens, I'll have to stick to what we've got.

BUT, we're not made of money, are we? So we're going to have to stick to good old high street brands!

I've never heard of the clothing company, Iska, but the dresses are so lovely! Ruffles, nude colours, floaty dresses, utter perfection. I even bought an Iska dress from the website www.uttamdirect.com for £24-ish! The only thing I didn't like was that I thought I'd be getting this dress:

And instead got this one (the same, but with a black top):

Ah well, that's life. I actually do love this dress though. It looked naff when I opened it, but when it's on it's perfect! I'd advise anyone who loves romantic styled looks to get a dress like this!

Back onto Valentino. You might think I'm straying a bit from the orginal subject, but Iska and Valentino are actually quite similar - apart from one is more, and one is less!

This is one amazing dress from his fall collection:

Ok, it's not exactly a perfect match, but I see the similarities. The ruffles, the pale colours; it's all giving off a romantic look.

Valentino: I now love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment